ROOM AND BUILDING ACOUSTICS SESSION
After the welcoming programme in the morning, the afternoon was filled with a large number of lectures. One of the sessions was about "open-plan office acoustics".
Valtteri Hongisto and John Bradley chairmen of the session on open-plan office acoustics.
LINE-UP OF THE PRESENTATIONS "OPEN-PLAN OFFICE ACOUSTICS"
1. Acoustic environment in finnish offices - the summary of questionnaire studies - Riikka Helenius
2. Work performance and office noise - Do they correlate? - Valtteri Hongisto,
3. Background speech varying in intelligibility - Effects on cognitive performance and perceived disturbance - Sabine Schlittmeier
4. Alternative room acoustic descriptors for open offices – progresses in standardization - Pierre Chigot
5. Determination of acoustic conditions in open offices AND suggestions for acoustic classification - Valtteri Hongisto
6. A new model for acoustic design of open offices - Jukka Keränen
7. Designing and Assessing Speech Privacy in Open-Plan Offices - John Bradley
8. Open office acoustic design - multidimensional case studies - Fabien Krajcarz
9. Acoustic Design in the New Architectural Trend of "Exposed Structures" - Kenneth Roy
Later today you'll find some interviews and summaries about these experts and their lectures!