More than 140 acousticians and sound experts mainly from the Nordic countries gathered in June in Stockholm, Sweden, for the BNAM* 2016 (Baltic-Nordic Acoustic Meeting). The venue was KTH Royal Institute of Technology (https://www.kth.se/en) and of course staff from the Marcus Wallenberg Laboratory for Sound and Vibration Research (MWL) was heavily involved in this acoustic conference and event.
Fantastic summer weather greeted the delegates and added to the positive experience. A smaller exhibition took place and especially the coffee sessions made the site very lively and buzzing.
Below the room acoustic session and its content. Room acoustics in relation to music, standards etc. was part of other sessions and you find all sessions accordning to the Program Book link here.
Saint-Gobain Ecophon was active at BNAM 2016 by;
- Being one of the Gold sponsors
- Presenting three conference papers
- Chairing the room acoustic session (Carsten Svensson)
Ecophon conference papers were:
- The effect of acoustic absorbing wall panels on room acoustic qualities (Carsten Svensson and Erling Nilsson)
- Wanted: Room Acoustic Standards in Healthcare Facilities (Mai-Britt Beldam and Birgit Dietz)
- Some room acoustical observations of new hospital buildings in Finland (Jyrki Kilpikari and Kalle Lehtonen)
These BNAM conferences was a fantastic “family style” occasion for networking, getting and spreading new knowledge and stay tuned with the latest trends. We would like to sincerely thank the organising committee for their hard work making this a great event.
*BNAM 2016 is the bi-annual Baltic-Nordic Acoustic Meeting, organised by one of the national member societies of the Nordic Acoustic Association (NAA).