Two days in advance of WHO World Hearing Day on March 3rd, a seminar will be held at the European Parliament to present the benefits of professional hearing care. The title of the seminar is “Hearing awareness – Professional Hearing Care makes you Smarter and Healthier”. The health benefits of professional hearing care and the costs of untreated hearing loss will be presented and discussed.
- Dr. Shelly Chadha, WHO hearing officer
- Lazlo Gabor Lovászy, The United Nations Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Professor Hélène Amieva, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, France
- Paul Breckell from Action on Hearing Loss (UK)
- Sue Archbold, Ear Foundation
- Lidia Smolarek-Best, EFHOH
- Mark Lauryens, AEA
More info about the seminar here >>> Lunch_seminar_EU-parliament_joned_press_release__aeawebsite
The theme for World Hearing Day 2016 on march 3rd is ‘Childhood hearing loss: act now, here is how!’ This aims to draw attention to the fact that the majority of causes which lead to hearing loss in children can be prevented through public health measures. Further, those who have hearing loss can benefit greatly from early identification and suitable, timely interventions. The day aims to raise awareness about public health strategies to reduce the prevalence and impact of hearing loss.